This is a simple customizable business card. Use the customizer for your own text or download and open in OpenSCAD. The SCAD file should be pretty self explanatory.
When changing color you can print this instead of letting a lot of material flow thru. This gives a cool effect and saves plastic!
- Make sure your bed is well calibrated
- Use combing if possible
- Print as cold as possible
Bigger fonts are better unless you don't mind letters are not open.
Start cool and slow for your first test prints. Here are some things to try out:
- Printing face down makes the front smooth and shiny but if you are having embossed text this obviously means that you cannot.
- Find the minimum temperature of your material and go there after the first layer.
- Use a fan for the last layers.
- Check what your printer plans to print! (layer view in Cura). Some detail might not be there.
- Print slowly for more detail.
- Play with shell-type (lines, zigzag or concentric)
- Rotate the card on the platform to orientate the linings.
- Set the retraction settings to retract at very small gaps
- Don't use Z-movement while retracting. This would leave ugly marks of you nozzle in your print.
- Go crazy! Try out all your settings. The print in the picture for instance is printed with a nozzle size set to 0.32 (instead of 0.4). This to trick the slicer to print thin lines in some letters it would otherwise not print.
- Now having text embossed and depressed. Makes it possible to print finer detail (for email address or phone number).
- Corners are more round
The customizer was broken in many places.
- Removed bold for all fonts as this broke in the customizer.
- Added smaller steps for font size and spacing.