Cleaned up and modified version of pdrengers's very good remix of marsCubed's original design that now fit directly on an Ikea Tertial lamp so the swivel and tilt still works. No needs no additional hardware beyond rubber bands.(See NOTE below)
Credit to milokp too for the idea of mounting it directly on a lamp.
- Print model, I use 3 perimeters, 3 top and bottom layers, 25% infill in grey ABS. But I'm sure you can get away with less. No supports, nice easy print.
- Cut and pull out wires from lamp(Use to pull through microphone cable if it fits?), remove globe base. Retain bolts.
- NOTE: There seems to be two versions of this lamp, the most common uses longer M4 bolts but some see to come with shorter M3's. The M4's will work fine, the M3's will need to be replaced with longer bolts for this to work. The only difference seems to be the bolts.
- Using original bolts if long enough, attach new shock mount holder. Holes may need to be cleaned out with a drill or file, depending on your printer. Star washes under the nuts inside the holder. If you need the extra space, you can install the bolts backwards(With heads inside and nuts outside) but it looks ugly.
- Use rubber bands(cheap but degrade quickly) or silicon or polyurethane hair bands(Harder to find but work better), avoid cloth coated ones, these make noise when they rub together, to create the web of your choice, install microphone.
- BONUS: Find a use for the original lamp holder and shade. Hanging lamp? Funnel? Maybe someone else has an idea? :)