Officially out of WIP status! I'm happy with how all the parts print and fit together. Detachable mounting for The Eye of Thundera still needs to be thought out some, but I think that's a minor issue since most people will likely glue it down and keep the dagger as a static prop.
I've got gesture activated "Sight Beyond Sight" working now! See it in action here: https://gfycat.com/LittleFlakyBlacklemur
Uploaded a version of the full blade with a base magnet and made some minor edits to the Crossguard body to open up the clearance more for the blade insertion. Also added cutouts to accept a small disc magnet in the Crossguard body for quick-changing between the cut refrigerator magnet blade and the full dagger blade.
Added some refined parts including threaded and hollowed versions of the handle/pommel, swiveling quillions (those bits that stick out the side), and a crossguard cavity to support adding electronics for lighting the eye. The mating points between the blade and rainguard area still need some clearance modification so prepare to shave or sand in order to get them fitting well. Still WIP.
omicron22 made an Eye of Thundera to fit my dagger, check it out here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1743554
I wanted a dagger hilt for a silly side project, but didn't find anything I really liked. So I figured I'll just make something myself. And if I was going to spend the time modeling something, it might as well be something cool.
The supported grip has some walls next to the protruding tabs that need to be pried off after printing.
So far when oriented correctly everything but the crossguard should print without support.
Refrigerator Magnetic Blade
The cut, fridge-magnet blade, should accommodate a 4x10x20mm neodymium bar magnet at the tip and a 15mm dia x 2.75mm h disc at the base. This holds up the plastic-only dagger on my refrigerator, once I get electronics and a battery in the handle, I might need to upgrade to a beefier tip magnet. I'll keep you posted.
I made some holes for alignment when gluing it together. It should accept lengths of 2.85mm filament as pegs. I'll see if they need to be adjusted after my test print finishes.