This is our first upload of our quadcopter design, about its 12th revision though.
- motor cabling through 12mm arms
- slide on battery clip
- vibration dampened flight board (effectively kills all vibrations to accelerometer)
- designed for 4 in 1 hobbywing esc
- extremely strong
- motor mounts have built in hidden hole for leds to light up the plastic for orientation
- very lightweight
- totally enclosed with hinged hood
- gopro mount built in
- landing gear uses same tube as arms, locks over frame, cheap/light/effective
- general purpose cargo slot
The whole thing is designed to take 12mm diameter aluminium or carbon fibre arms, roughly 250mm length each. needs 4 m3 bolts and nyloc nuts to secure the arms to the frame and 4 m3 bolts and nuts to secure the motor mounts to the arms. Landing gear is fastened using cable ties.
12mm tube (carbon or alum) (2meters) cut into 250mm lengths
8 m3 bolts
8m3 nyloc nuts
8 small cable ties
1 elastic band
2 small foam pads for flight board
We printed everything on a UP! mini printer, in ABS, fine resolution, 0.2mm layer height, with like 25% fill. Plenty strong, have flown full speed into a tree and the aluminium bent, no cracked plastic.
the main chassis piece needs to be printer in the orientation that the quad would fly in, that is, battery slide down.
the landing gear pieces all need printing vertically, the motor mounts on their side as is shown in the render above. battery clip and flight board holder printed flat as well. hood should be printed upside down to minimise support material.
the holes on the flight board holder are spaced at 45mm x 45mm.
Config for our quad:
11x4.7 (used to be 12x4.5, less efficient)
arducopter (megapirate) 3.0.1
turnigy 2x2200mah 20C 3s parallel
3dr 915mhz telemetry
30a x 4 all in 1 esc.
stay tuned for photos...