Bowden cable push-fit connectors for Techzone Huxley
by DeuxVis, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A pair of replacements clamps to retain your Techzone Huxley bowden cable using 6-R1/8 straight push-fit pneumatic fast connectors.
All my attempts to retain my ptfe bowden cable before that turned into a failure sooner or later. Now that I use those, I have zero trouble, and it's sooo helpfull for filament unloading/reloading to be able to quickly disconnect the bowden tubing.
Idea came from the ultimaker machine.
1) Print using some tiny layer height, as the threads will not be usable otherwise. I used 0.1 mm layer height, I suspect anything above 0.2 would fail ?
2) While the part is still hot (don't use active cooling there), quickly manually screw in a 6-R1/8 straight connector (like for instance http://www.conrad.com/6-R1%2f8-straight-connection.htm?websale7=conrad-int&p%69=580576&ci=SHOP_AREA_17410_0203904). Depending on how fast you screw it you might not be able reach the bottom, it doesn't matter (see photo of my extruder side connector). You might want to print the 2 parts separately to be able to screw fast enough.
3) Replace the old clamps with those.
4) Plug in (by simply pushing it firmly in) some PTFE tubing cut to appropriate length. It must be 6mm external diameter. I had to buy 10 meters so if you need a little piece I can sell you some, see my emakershop listing : http://www.emakershop.com/listing?l=196
5) You can easily unplug the tube by retaining the moving ring in its lower position while pulling on the PTFE.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Bowden cable push-fit connectors for Techzone Huxley by DeuxVis is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving DeuxVis a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure DeuxVis would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).