Combined Layered Drop-Down Longboard
This sectional drop-down longboard design is based on the concept I’ve described in the article http://www.townscooter.com/p/combined-drop-down-longboard.html
It is a drop-down longboard that can be made without veneer pressing. You only need to cut parts using CNC router or laser cutter or even electric jigsaw and then assemble them.
I recommend the Baltic birch plywood to make this longboard. Nose and Tail parts can be made of 9 ply (12mm) plywood. The main platform should be made of 11 ply (15mm) plywood for a 70-110 kg rider or 9 ply (12mm) plywood for a less than 70 kg rider.
- You only need the Combined Layered Drop-down Longboard.DXF file to make parts of the longboard. 3D model files (.123D, .STP) are provided for references.
- The main platform sizes are suitable for trucks with more than 2” wheelbase offset, e.g. Randal trucks. If you use shorter offset trucks, e.g. Paris or Slant trucks, it may require to extend wheel cutouts on the main platform.
- Truck cutouts on the main platform probably should be extended to suit your trucks sizes.
- You do not need to drill all holes on the nose and tail part. You can drill holes for the new school or the old school mounting. It depends on your trucks model.
- You should put washers between the nose and tail parts and the main platform on the inner bolts. For the minimal drop, washer’s height should be about the height of trucks baseplate. You can increase drop level using risers or washers on the inner truck bolts and inner platform bolts.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Please refer to http://www.townscooter.com/ for more information