This is my universal filament spool holder. It will provide smooth feeding of your filament.
V2: Supports 22 and 17 mm ball bearings.
V1: Supports 22 and 16 mm ball bearings.
If it's not working or moved, try https://www.flagsoft.com and search.
Inner Diameter for ball bearings
For 22.0 mm bearing:
How to export as STL?
It’s attached to this ZIP package, see folder ./skp-to-dxf-plugin
NOTE: I used SketchUp Version 14.0.4899 with skp_to_dxf.rbz (maybe also version NOV 6, 2012)
Installed skp_to_dxf filter from
Sketchup: Tools > Export to DXF or STL, select STL and then filename, save.
If this version works on GIT, I don't know:
According to the auhtor outdated, lates version is on
This one has 3 arms so it self centers.
Note: This one was printed with PLA (Bio-Plastic), should work with ABS (LEGO Plastic) as well.
Compatible with at least:
It should fit on any 3D-printer based on the 3drag like Velemann K8200 and many others. (SketchUp design included, feel free to extend it so that it fit your printer as well.)
- Vellemann K8200
- 3drag, and other based 3drag printers
- your own printer as well ;)
You can use two different very common ball bearing sizes (16 and 22 mm diameter).
- Just print two of them, then mount them on the spool axes with ball bearings attached to it.
- Place your filament spool between two universal filament spool holders like so: )> ]-[ <(
- The holder is very universal and can be used with many filament spools with different sizes and holes
You can adjust the pressure with a M6/M8 Nut.
- center hole for axes: max. 8 mm diameter (8.5mm)
- hole for 16 mm outer diameter ball bearing holder (16.5mm)
- hole for 22 mm outer diameter ball bearing holder (22.5mm)
- SketchUp source file included
- STL print ready file