This is an adapter-PCB to connect random LCD with EXT1 and EXT2 (both 10-pin) to RADDS on original SD (10pin) and LCD+ENCODER (12pin) connectors. I used 14pin-cables because 12pin weren't available where i order stuff, so the last two are placed in the air on RADDS-side.
If You are using RADDS v1.0 with 8-pin SD-Connector:
- No problem, just place the plug with first two contacts in the air (the ones with red marker)
Tested it with a "RepRapDiscount Full Graphics Smart Controller" and LCD, Encoder as well SD-card is working well :)
Two Boards on one 5x5cm PCB
One 5x5 cm PCB contains two adapters, one named "...o" and one "...u".
Both can be used with four cables or with two cables and two 8-pin female header on back
of the PCB (see photo).
They are too different with swapped connector positions, because then one can decide to
mount it with connectors up or down from LCD back. In the photo i had to mount the connectors to the top, else it was not possible.
Content I uploaded
- one "RADDS2LCD.u V1" with four connectors
- one "RADDS2LCD.o V1" with two connectors and female headers on back of PCB
- Thanks to Claude there exists a step model of V1 containing all four variants that are possible to build
- configuration to add in "Repetier Firmware" with guide where to add in files
- configuration to add in "Repetier Firmware Dev Version" with guide where to add in files (experimental... testet with 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 versions)
- Don't use too long cables! I used 30 cm total and it ended in chaotic display xD
-> that was the case in V1 and V2. In V3, there are three resistors added that prevent oscillating of the level shifter on the Radds board! Tested V3 with 1.5m cables successfully.
- the mark "rt"/"red" on PCBs mean, there has to be the red marked conductor - pin nr. 1, on the RADDS-side the red conductor side has to be towards the MOS-FETs and screw terminals...
- Plug in the connectors correctly - i will not take responsibility for any damage You caused by using this PCB adapter.
Purchasing a PCB?
at the moment i haven't got any more PCBs...
You can use both PCB's directly at the back of display OR with four cables, two going to display and two to RADDS board:
Version "directly mounted at the back of display"
- 2 x 10 pin, two row female pin header ("Buchsenleiste, zweireihig, 2x5 polig")
Reichelt MPE 094-2-010
- 1 x box header 10 pin, two row ("Wannenstecker, zweireihig, 2x5 polig")
Reichelt WSL 10G
- 1 x box header 14 pin, two row ("Wannenstecker, zweireihig, 2x7 polig")
Reichelt WSL 14G
- 2 x box crimp connector 10 pin, two row ("Pfostenbuchse 10polig")
Reichelt PFL 10
- 2 x box crimp connector 14 pin, two row ("Pfostenbuchse 14polig")
Reichelt PFL 14
- 1 x (<30cm) flat ribbon cable 10 pin ("Flachbandkabel 10 polig")
Reichelt AWG 28-10G 3M
- 1 x (<30cm) flat ribbon cable 14 pin ("Flachbandkabel 14 polig")
Reichelt AWG 28-14G 3M
- 3x 0805 or 0603 SMD resistor - 1 kOhm
Reichelt SMD-0805 1,00K
Version "two cables to RADDS, two cables to LCD"