I noticed that Imirnman's version was not printing well because of overlapping faces. Rather than rebuilding it, I downloaded their original model from TinkerCAD, and re-split it so that it can be printed without supports. I also connected the border to the main badge because I saw that it was not attached in some areas causing extra print time and weak bond. I separated the dome so that it can be printed at a higher resolution and at 100% infill to keep the shape round without making it take too long.
for the dome, i used .05 layer height and 100% infill. if possible, i recommend removing the bottom infill for the badge because it saves a lot of time, material, and prevents possible warping, since they are in parts, this part will be hidden anyway.