I wanted to create a nice box for the printed settlers of catan tiles. So I came up with this wooden box to store a 6 player game with the water extension pack.
Attached you will find a pdf with a detailed list of required wooden pieces. I had a carpenter cutting this parts on his cnc cutter, but a friendly guy in the next home improvement store should be fine.
Start from the bottom plate and glue the outer parts on it. the spacers to the left and right will then be used to place the floors on top of it.
For the drawers, glue them together without the front part, put it into the finished box and hold the front to make sure it is absolutely narrow. Use some wax on the downside and the sides of the drawer to make it work smoother.
For the lid to be attached, you will need a hinge like this: https://www.amazon.de/13916-Stangenscharnier-32x900mm-Edelstahl-Klavierband/dp/B000VD9944/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472840410&sr=8-3&keywords=klavierband.
Also you will need to create a 45 degree phase to the connection point between the cap and the box. You can easily sand it or use a rotary tool if available.
After all, oil the wood on all surfaces to get a nice shiny look. Glue some textile to the inside of the lid to protect the tiles from bumping into the wood during rough transport and add some locks like these:https://www.amazon.de/Schloss-f%C3%BCr-Schatullen-mehr-bronze/dp/B00XZR93JE/ref=pd_sim_201_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q4KWG4HTMHCCBX50N50C
I know that this description might not be as detailed as you might need it. So if you have any questions on how to proceed, please ask. i'm happy to help you out and improve my description.
For the inlay, see these parts I used:
Tile Holder of rthe top: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1749597
Card holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1749619
Border piece holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1749612
Playing Piece Boxes: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:466723 with the inlay http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1234078
Note: the pictures do not show the version uploaded here completely. After finishing the box, I realized two or three drawbacks in the original design and improved it. therefor there are only two drawers instead the original 2. I also added the spacers for easier attachment of the floors.
Update 11.12.2016: I now finally found the time to update this thing and added the requested front part. It's splitted up in 3 parts each to make it printable.
I also added a german version of the name plate for all of you who want to play it in the original language.