This dock is designed to hold a Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone against an inexpensive Qi charging pad (http://www.banggood.com/AUDEW-Q5-Universal-Qi-Wireless-Charger-Charging-Pad-Transmitter-p-985122.html) in a car while keeping it conveniently accessible. I expect it to work for an S7 (and other similar phones) as well, but have not yet verified this. It works with an existing car mount (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099RGRT8 or similar). If you don't have such a car mount, it should be (relatively) easy to adapt the sample bracket/stand to suit your specific application.
Note that the Qi charger requires a high-power (rated at least 10W/2A) USB power source.
• Helps keep a phone in a visible, accessible, and usable position in a car
• Eliminates effort (and distraction) required to provide power to a phone in a car
• Ensures proper charger alignment for effective charging
• Eliminates wear and tear on a phone's USB port
• Adapts to existing car mount (iOttie Easy Flex); the provided groove is easily adapted to your own custom bracket design
• Simple, no-nonsense design
• Very inexpensive Qi component required
An optional front retaining bezel (attached with epoxy cement or your choice of adhesive) is provided. It is recommended for mount angles steeper than ~45 degrees.
The sample bracket/stand included specifically fits a conveniently located center console compartment in my 2016 Honda CR-V (USA spec). I use a small sack of pennies (~16 oz or ~450 g) as ballast to keep the stand upright. It might help to wedge some shims in the side gaps to prevent tipping over if your spirited driving makes that necessary. If I find the time and motivation, I may create a more elaborate design that fits the compartment more snugly. Friction seems sufficient to keep the dock attached to the bracket, but if you find that too loose, there's no shame in employing some epoxy cement to hold the pieces together.
Use ABS or something that can stand the heat in your automotive environment.