Forked Drop-Down Longboard SWBO
by TownScooter, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Forked Drop-Down Longboard (Short Wheelbase Offset Version)
This sectional drop-down Longboard design is based on the concept I’ve described in the article http://www.townscooter.com/p/forked-drop-down-longboard.html.
It is a drop-down longboard that can be made without veneer pressing. You only need to cut parts using CNC router or laser cutter or even electric jigsaw and then assemble them.
It’s a version designed to use with the short Wheelbase Offset Trucks (WBO) such as Caliber, Charger, Slant etc. that have wheelbase offset shorter than 2”. What is the wheelbase offset term means is described in the article https://goo.gl/QUdvNF. The short WBO trucks let make a shorter and more durable forks than long WBO trucks do.
I recommend the Baltic birch plywood to make this longboard. Nose and Tail parts can be made of 9 ply (12mm) plywood. The main platform should be made of 11 ply (15mm) plywood for a 70-110 kg rider or 9 ply (12mm) plywood for a less than 70 kg rider.
- You only need the Forked Layered Drop-down Longboard SWBO.DXF file to make parts of the longboard. 3D model files (.123D, .STP) are provided for references.
- The main platform sizes are suitable for trucks with shorter than 2” wheelbase offset, e.g. Slant trucks. If you use longer offset trucks, e.g. Randal or Bear Grizzly trucks, I recommend to build another version of forked longboard http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1733542.
- You do not need to drill all holes on the nose and tail part. You can drill holes for the new school or the old school mounting. It depends on your trucks model.
- You can increase the longboard drop level using risers or washers between the nose and tail parts and the main platform.
- You can combine the nose and tail parts as you wish. For example, you can build a twin-kick longboard.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Please refer to http://www.townscooter.com/ for more information
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Forked Drop-Down Longboard SWBO by TownScooter is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving TownScooter a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure TownScooter would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).