This is inspired by - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7487 .
After some play, I decided I do not want the 3D print the wings. It takes ages for a large wind mill. Therefore, I decided to use 1mm thick Petg Copolyester sheets (90 cm x 60 cm each wing).
Things you will need for one mill (in all the pictures you see those materials x 2, as I've built two mills):
- 4 X 1 meter long M8 threaded rods
- 2 x 1 meter long M10 threaded rods
- 2 X 1 meter long aluminium bars
- 2 x 10 cm long square aluminium profile bars
- 2 x 6000ZZ bearings
- 32 M3 x 10 mm long screws
- 40 M3 nuts
- 6 M3 X 30 mm long (length might depend on your aluminium bars choice) screws
- 16 M8 nuts
- 8 M10 nuts
For one mill, you should print :
- 16 side_wing_holder.stl
- 2 x bearing_holder_bottom.stl
- 2 x bearing_holder_top.stl
Check the "schematic.stl" file and photo, should be simple to understand. If not, just leave a message and I'll help.
To make sure the mill starts no matter the wind direction, I assembled two identical pieces and placed them 90 degrees (see the photo).