2-parts microscope adapter for iPhone 4 or 4s. Designed to fit classic zeiss ocular or any other with 24 to 28mm diameter.
This adapter has been printed and tested on various microscopes.
Files are manifold. In some cases, you may need to adjust position between part 1 and part 2, so that the lenses are aligned.
The next iteration will make this step easier.
P.S. : The iPhone featured above was not broken during testings ;)
- Added STL file OcularSupport_V6.2_kpl_RDM.stl : suited for Zeiss KPL and other 27,8mm diameter (long barrel) oculars. This file has an oversized barrel holder to correct plastic retraction when printed with extruded plastic. You should use this file if you own a reprap.
- Added pictures of the above new print (ABS) fully assembled with part 1 (iPhoneAdapter ) and a Zeiss KPL W16 ocular.
- Added STL file support_V6_kpl.stl : this alternate ocular support is designed to fit Zeiss KPL oculars. It was printed in ABS, but doesn't take into consideration plastic retraction (about 5%). So the ocular holder may seem to tight when printed with a reprap.
- Added pictures of the above new print (ABS)
- 3x M3 bolts
- 3x M3 nuts
- 1x M4 bolt
- 1x (or 2) M4 nut.
Chose one of the 3 ocular support STL file and the iPhoneAdapter STL file.
ABS appears better suited for this purpose, than PLA, considering the mechanical strains.
Assemble iphone base and ocular support using the 3 M3 nuts. Tighten (slightly) the ocular with the M4 screw.
You may need to counter-drill the screw holes. Be carefull about the ocular-iphone camera alignment.
Custom alignment will be considered in the next version.
IMPORTANT : supportobjectif_V5.STL and OcularSupport_V6.2_kpl_RDM.STL files take into account plastic retraction after cooling (about 5%). But support_V6_kpl.stl file doesn't. If you print the first V6_kpl file with a reprap, the ocular holder part may be too tight
To do :
- Sliding screws for adjusting part1-part2 position
- iPhone bottom lock
- Anti-warping design (on the V5 file)
- Ocular holders for wide lenses and other brands/types