"Hlidskjalf" is my dual CoreXY, extremely expensive 3D printer.
"CoreXYU" coined by dc42 on the RepRap forums.
Extruders are done: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:258333
Build volume covered by both heads: 13.37" square x 15.75" High, or 34 sq x 40cm Tall.
Left print head: "Hugin", E3d-v6 300c 24V hot end with Toranado extruder.
Right print head: "Munin", Prometheus v2 300c 24V hot end with Toranado extruder.
RADDS v1.5 board with 2x driver extension and 8x RAPS128 stepper drivers
6x NEMA17's 76oz-in for axis, 2x NEMA 14's 15.6oz-in 0.9deg for extruders
Arduino Due r3 microcontroller with 7" Panel Due touch screen
RepRap 24V PCB Heatbed 300mm x 300mm
TDK-LAMBDA FPS1000-24P 1000W PSU
2x RM1605 x 550mm ballscrews with anti-backlash nuts and FF12/FK12 end supports
8x MGN x 500mm linear guides with12x MGN12H guide blocks
Misumi USA aluminum extrusions
Odin, give me the strength to finish this project, because I've already spent my wealth!
Hlidskjalf project guide
2 head open frame driven by core-XY with CNC capabilities.
Phase1, Single core-XY. SIngle head prints.
Phase2, Dual core-XY, 2x head implementation.
Phase3, link X-carriages for CNC, flexible shaft Dremel for spindle.
- Optimize XY torque and precision at 100mm/s feed rates, rapids up to 300mm/s.
- Minimum print build of 300 x 300 x 400mm, with heated bed.
- Maximize rigidity with open frame construction.
- Minimize reciprocating mass.
- 300c direct drive extruders.
- Aesthetics and DFMA.
- 24V system to maximize stepper and heater efficiencies.
- Linear guides for best of class rigidity and low coefficients of friction.
- Z axis ball screws to position work for CNC. Max torque 25mm/s, Rapids 150mm/s.
- Core-XY with steel cord Urethane GT2 belts. 2:1 primary XY drives, 10mm/rev output.
- 32 bit micro controller for dual core-XY to achieve speed and accuracy.