Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Hlidskjalf (Odin's Chair)
by Prot0typ1cal, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
"Hlidskjalf" is my dual CoreXY, extremely expensive 3D printer.
"CoreXYU" coined by dc42 on the RepRap forums.
Extruders are done: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:258333
Build volume covered by both heads: 13.37" square x 15.75" High, or 34 sq x 40cm Tall.
Left print head: "Hugin", E3d-v6 300c 24V hot end with Toranado extruder.
Right print head: "Munin", Prometheus v2 300c 24V hot end with Toranado extruder.
RADDS v1.5 board with 2x driver extension and 8x RAPS128 stepper drivers
6x NEMA17's 76oz-in for axis, 2x NEMA 14's 15.6oz-in 0.9deg for extruders
Arduino Due r3 microcontroller with 7" Panel Due touch screen
RepRap 24V PCB Heatbed 300mm x 300mm
TDK-LAMBDA FPS1000-24P 1000W PSU
2x RM1605 x 550mm ballscrews with anti-backlash nuts and FF12/FK12 end supports
8x MGN x 500mm linear guides with12x MGN12H guide blocks
Misumi USA aluminum extrusions
Odin, give me the strength to finish this project, because I've already spent my wealth!
How I Designed This
Hlidskjalf project guide
2 head open frame driven by core-XY with CNC capabilities.
Phase1, Single core-XY. SIngle head prints.
Phase2, Dual core-XY, 2x head implementation.
Phase3, link X-carriages for CNC, flexible shaft Dremel for spindle.
- Optimize XY torque and precision at 100mm/s feed rates, rapids up to 300mm/s.
- Minimum print build of 300 x 300 x 400mm, with heated bed.
- Maximize rigidity with open frame construction.
- Minimize reciprocating mass.
- 300c direct drive extruders.
- Aesthetics and DFMA.
- 24V system to maximize stepper and heater efficiencies.
- Linear guides for best of class rigidity and low coefficients of friction.
- Z axis ball screws to position work for CNC. Max torque 25mm/s, Rapids 150mm/s.
- Core-XY with steel cord Urethane GT2 belts. 2:1 primary XY drives, 10mm/rev output.
- 32 bit micro controller for dual core-XY to achieve speed and accuracy.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Hlidskjalf (Odin's Chair) by Prot0typ1cal is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Prot0typ1cal a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Prot0typ1cal would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).