"It belongs in a museum!" - Indy
I'm happy to share the Cross of Coronado from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. This package comes with everything but the Crucifix Jesus Figure; I got mine from 123D, just search for Crucifix christ. As I was building this prop, I realized that it gave much more realistic touch to the model when I separated the ornament arcs and glued them later on. This might take some extra time, but it's absolutly worth it.
This is how you work through
- Print the main cross parts and pray paint them. Be aware that you check the dimensions, I had to scale it down to 97% to get it in my printer.
- Paint the top cross with blue emaille color. Get some mother of pearl veneer and cut it to 3mm strips, then glue two layers on the cross. Mother of pearl is quite fragile and expensive, yet very convincing. It brings live to the cross!
- Print the hooks and shafts, spray paint them and glue the on the top cross. You may need to re-drill hook holes.
- Print the ornaments and spray paint them. It looks like a pain to attach all of these tiny stuff, but actually it's pretty straight forward. Be sure to pre-allign it first before glueing. Should fit just right.
- Print any Jesus Christ model you can find, make sure that it'll fit the cross. I attached a halo STL for him :-) UPDATE: I think you can use GILLESBOENISCH Design https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1864977
- Get perls, or stones or whatever. Outer perls are 8mm in diameter, the big ones are 10mm.
- Glue perls and Jesus to the cross. Glue the bottom cross to the top cross. Get some nice brass chain an attach it to the hook.
Hope you like it and please share your makes. =)
I printed the parts in various res., like 0.1mm for the ornaments up to 0.15 mm for the crosses. Other resolutions will probably work as well.