NOTE - This is a failed project!
I'm giving up on this design and moving on to other things.... I'm leaving the files up just encase anyone else is brave enough and wants to experiment with it.
This is a Realistic Sunfish Jointed Swimbait lure I am designing and was my first try at modeling something in Fusion 360 so thing still might change.
The lure Assembles similar to my my Crankbait Fishing Lure.
Mirror the STL's in your slicer for the other half of each side.
It can be painted to mimic many types of typical Sunfish. (E.g. - Bluegill, Pumpkinseed, Rockbass, even Crappie.) I choose to go with the pumpkinseed pattern after the fish its was modeled after.
10-17-16 - Added Sunfish Lure Body V3 = Pectoral Fin and raised 3D Gill.
10-19-16 - Tested Sunfish Lure Body V3 yesterday and it turned out to be kind of a DUD. It really didn't swim like a swimbait and it didn't have any action at all. The one I cut out for the plexiglass a lip worked pretty well so I will probably just add a lip to the design and re-upload all the files. Until I do don't waste your time on this one yet!
Added Sunfish Lure Body Lip = Body with Printed Lip
Added Sunfish Lure Body Clear Lip = Body for use with Clear Plexiglass Lip.
(I have yet to fully test these yet.)
Added a couple of Lip Templates
(neither of these is the same lip as the printed lip version)
You can use these to trace onto a piece of Plexiglass or even print them and glue them to the body.
Tested out the new lip designs and I'm still NOT happy with them. The larger lipped one has way to much wobble and the smaller one it very erratic and only works at very slow retrieves.
Tested out a single piece version today but this one was a the worst yet. This was the final try and It's time to give up on this design and move on to better things.... I'm leaving up the files just encase anyone else wants to experiment.
For a working version see - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2962351
The first one I printed at 20% and it ended up being to light so it floated (which isn't what you want in a swimbait.) so I reprinted it at 70% infill and that was enough to get it to sink.
The one with the lip was me trying to salvage the one that floated. I cut the relief for the lip with a hobby saw. If it preforms well with the lip I will add that version eventually.
The lure was designed from a picture of I fish a caught on my other printed lures.
The basic shape was done in Fusion360's sculpt environment with details (fins) added with normal sketches and extrudes.
The wire forming on this one is a little trickier because of the hinge so wire forming pliers are highly recommended.
The lure is printed flat in halves and BB's are added for wieght and the wire forms tested for fit.
The front half is glue together first, then the hinge pin is inserted in the hinge loops and the rear halves are glued together while sandwiching the pin in place.
The assembled lure ready for paint.
After airbrushing and sealing with epoxy the lures are ready to test.