This is my design of a Linear Bearing.
My printed ones have no noticeable backlash and they slide very easy.
So far there are no long-term tests, but I will use them in my printer so we will see.
The default outline is the same as an LM8UU, but it is changeable in OpenSCAD.
Print the thing, put through the appropriate drill and check if all teeth are separated.
- it is recommended to print them in PLA, because it is harder
- all walls should be only one string wide so the thing can adapt to the rod
- all teeth should be separated and one should be able to look through them
- with less teeth the thing slides harder (I did test down to four teeth)
- with twisted toothâ€™s in rod direction applies an twisting force when they slide along.
OpenSCAD requires this lib https://github.com/kr2/MCAD to work with this I use https://github.com/kr2/OpenSCAD-build-script