Wall Mount for Filament Spool
by Zarquon, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a mounting bracket to hold a piece of 5/16 inch (8mm) threaded rod at a right angle to a wall for holding a filament spool. It uses a captive nut in the back to hold the rod in place.
I plan to coil small sections of filament cut from a bundle on this after the current spool runs out as the humidity control in my apartment isn't the best and I don't want to expose a full roll to it. I'm going to add a winding handle to make that easier but my printer is down for emergency repairs.
- Print this somewhat solid. I didn't use supports and the nut trap caved in marginally during printing.
- Find a stud in your wall and mount (remember the captive nut)
- Screw the rod in and tighten a nut on the outside
- Print 608 bearing hubs for your spool. I used the ones from this thing http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16767
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Wall Mount for Filament Spool by Zarquon is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Zarquon a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Zarquon would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).