PS: i Uploaded more quick release files ranging from 42x42mm to 52mmx52mm (in the widdest side)
I needed a quick release mount for the GoPro accessories mount system.
I bought a GoPro mount to Camera screw, and I needed a way to mount it to the Quick release on my tripod.
I used a screw as seen in the second picture. You can use any screw that fits.
As you can see in the picture my screw is not even tight (didn't print the spacer)
And without being tight it can hold my Camera without moving, the mount is designed tightly, the screw is mostly there as a pivot point (also you can use "pin.stl" not tested, this is an afterthought")
The spacers are there to keep the material use as small as possible, while allowing me to use the screw I used.
"quick release.stl" : A quick release mount base
"base.stl" : On top of the quick release
"mounter for GoPro.stl" : A GoPro accesory mount.
"pin.stl" : You can use it as a screw (Not tested)
"spacer.stl" : 2 spacers that go inside the screw head groove and have a hole for the screw head (so it's mostly flush)
"one side locking spacer.stl" : like the above but the second one locks to the mounter so you can screw it from the other side (I suggest gluing it to the screw hear/nut)
"Knob-spacer.stl" : One side is a knob for un/screwing without tools and the other is the locking one.
You are free to use the design by linking my Thingiverse page and model page.
After printing "installation"
- Get the quick "release.stl" part and put the "base.stl" part on top of it
- and then take the "mounter for GoPro.stl.stl" part and put it on top od them
- Glue them together carefully (Although I have screw halls, they don't work that well)
- Wait for the glue to harder (so you don't glue you quick release to the tripod etc.
- Take the Go Pro Case/Accessory and mount it to and put the screw through the hole (Or use the "pin.stl" Not recomended since I am not sure you would be able to take it out without drilling/ breaking something)
PS: use spacers/Knob as needed