This is the third, and last, file publish of my robotic arm series. This component is the arm of the robotic arm.
The following hardware will be needed to assemble the arm:
- M3 x 8mm round head(22x), 20 used to mount the servo horns (including the gripper)
- M3 x 10mm round head(34x)
- M3 x 63mm round head (2x)
- M3 x 16mm round head (4x)
- M3 nut (2x)
- M4 x 16mm round head(4x)
- 8mm x 16mm x 5mm bearing, 688zz (2x)
The following electronic parts will be needed:
- Standard size servo (5x), e.g. TowerPro MG995
The assembly should be pretty straight forward, just follow the exploded view. Questions?? Message me!
- Print the base servo mount, bearing holder, center arm bearing guide, center arm bearing guide clamp and the lower arm bushing twice.
- All critical holes are oversized by 0.25mm to guarantee an easy fit.
All the M3 / M4 holes are sized 2.8mm / 3.8mm in diameter. Apply some grease (not necessary, but it makes it easier) on a normal bolt and screw them in the parts with some proper tools. This should make some neat and tight threads in the plastic.
- This design is not fully tested, so it might undergo some changes in the future.
- It's best to put support in round shaped overhangs, for example you should place the center arm with the circular indent face down on your print bed and then add supports. After printing you can grind down any residue of support material with a dremel tool or something similar.