Modular carriage for 40x20 rails (using 3 solid V wheels)
by _MSA_, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Modular carriage for 40x20 rails. It was designed for Tevo Tarantula to replace stock X Carriage. But it can be used for others with rails 4020 and solid V wheels (24mm)
Update: For origial V-slot please check this remix http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2155251 and use mbot-xc-p1.stl instead of xc-p1.stl
Hotend mount is compatible with mount http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1438795
and pack includes remixed reinforced version of stock Tevo Tarantula mount
Carriage is suppose to use 3 wheels. The top wheel is to be tightened by top bolt. (so just screw tension instead of eccentric nuts)
Use nuts with nylon inserts locking to fix wheels
- 3 solid V wheels
- 3 M5x40mm bolts with 6 nuts with nylon inserts locking for wheels
- 3 regular or with nylon M5 nuts (just to fix axis M5 bolts)
- 6 M5 washers
- 8 M4 12/15mm and 6 M4 10mm (or in total 14 M4 10mm)
- 1 M4x20mm bolt with M4 nut (with nylon) to fix 3d wheel
- 11 M4 washers
- 12 M4 nuts for other possible options (just to fix nuts inside in advance)
Options mount materials:
- 2 M4 10mm bolts for belt mount
- 2 M4 10mm bolts with nuts for hotend mount + 1 M4 15mm optional
- 1 M4 10mm bolt for end stop
- 2 M4 10mm bolt with 2 T-nuts for end stop stopper
Update #3 14.03.2017 : Got original openbuild v-slot: check this remix http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2155251 and use mbot-xc-p1.stl instead of xc-p1.stl for openbuilds v-slot, for t-slot use old one xc-p1.stl
Update #2 23.10.2016 : Added supports for reinforced Tevo Tarantula mount xc_hotmount_p2*
Update #1 23.10.2016 : Added step files for modifications carriage_source_set_v1.zip
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Modular carriage for 40x20 rails (using 3 solid V wheels) by _MSA_ is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving _MSA_ a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure _MSA_ would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).