Extruder-X universal -1.75/3mm, direct drive extruder, Nema 17/23
by 3dmakers, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Direct drive extruder equiped with the following features:
- simplicity - as little components as possible
- independent from drive gear diameter ( 7 - 11 mm)
- integrated motor and drive gear cooling
- support nema17 and nema23 motors
- independent from hotend type
- support for any filament diameter from 1.5-3mm
- open design in open scad format
- M4 Butterfly nut for spring: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:108661
- Hotend adapters:
- Bowden adapters:
- Refactor SCAD files
- Update Nema23 assembly manual
Tested with strong nozzle: http://reprap.org/wiki/Strong_Nozzle
Movie from first prints: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyLtJPUy2A0&feature=youtu.be
Torture test at hi speeds: travel 200mm/s, infill 120mm/s at 3000mm/s2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEoq0QIzZE&feature=youtu.be
Visit our hub to print your models at: https://www.3dhubs.com/szczecin/hubs/3dmakers
- Print extruder
- Complete parts:
a. 1 x Stepper Motor
b. 1 x Drive Gear for example MK8
c. 1 x 40x40mm fan
d. 1 x 608 ball bearing
e. 1 x spring 30 x 5 x 6mm
f. 3 x bolts M3 x 10mm - for motor
g. 1 x bolt M3x25mm - for motor
h. 4 x washer 3x5mm - for motor
i. 1 x washer 4x6mm - for spring
j. 1 x 50mm M4 bolt - for spring
k. 2 x bolts M3 x 15mm - for fan
l. 2 x nuts M3 - for fan
m. 3 x nuts M4 - for spring and extruder base
- Mount Stepper motor and adjust it potion to suit your drive gear diameter
- Assemble all together and enjoy new printing quality
- In order to handle 3mm filament, just drill 3.2 mm hole.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Extruder-X universal -1.75/3mm, direct drive extruder, Nema 17/23 by 3dmakers is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving 3dmakers a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure 3dmakers would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).