Also Fits Kossel Mini
This is another attempt at making an end effector for the kossel pro and e3d v6 hotend. It is a direct replacement for the stock end effector. Arm spacing and radius are the same as stock. My previous few have cooled off the heater block too fast and this one does not.
Another goal of this design was to limit the interference between the fans and the arms, so i've put the fans in the center and reduced the part cooling fans from 3 to 2. A new duct system puts the air flow closer to the nozzle, which will hopefully improve PLA prints greatly. It mounts to the bottom with 3 #4 screws.
Other minor improvements include a cable tie mount for clean cable routing and a single bolt hot end clamp to reduce the bulk and number of parts needed. Single layer tabs aid in bed adhesion for small surface area sections.
see the older version 3: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1765913
E3d V6 Hotend
3x 30x30x10mm fans 24V or 12V depending on your printer
6x #4 5/8" thread rolling screws for plastic (amazon)
3x #4 3/8" thread rolling screws for plastic (amazon)
3x 5x37mm internally threaded tube (comes stock with the kossel pro)
1x M3x4mmx5mm Female Threaded Brass Knurled Insert Embedded Nut (amazon)
1x M3 10 or 12mm bolt (you should have a few laying around)
UPDATE (I know its been less than a day)
New files. The fan duct screws wouldn't let the hotend to fit all the way in. I moved the screws to the outside and made the fan duct wrap 230 degrees around instead of just two opposing sides. Screws that secure the part cooling fans now have more material to thread into. I also added a parts list.
I got this thing dialed in. The fan duct was expanded outward for more air flow. The inside wall is further away from the heater block and has thicker walls supported by ribs to greatly reduce deformation with heat. The ribs also direct airflow to the nozzle. Shorter 3/8" #4 screws are used to mount the fan duct for a cleaner look. A cable tie mount was added in the back for clean cable management. The tolerance for the hot end clamp was reduced from .4mm to .2mm for a tighter fit.