I made my own Version of a Printhead for the E3D also for the Default UM. Both of the Heads are Screwed to the bearings. So i don't have to disassemble the whole UM to get the Head of and changed.
This Thing is still work in progress. So far i printed and assembled it.
I did not mount it to the UM so far.
I will Update this Thing, if my tests show this Thing is good.
I still need to create a Fan mount for it.
I have my new linear bearings now. I tried to mount the head to the UM. It fits the Rod, and seems to work.
Problem: The X, Y and Z endswitches need to be repositioned.
I will redesign the Head ones more, and try to make a Version, where the default end switches will fit.
Added new Version. There is a Version with no Support needed, but the linear-bearing will not be covered on the full length.
Also there is a version where 2 Parts need Support to be printed.
I removed some screws and added some kind of clip on.
Also i moved the axes nearer to the hot part, so less spaces is used.
I hope this fits with the default end-switches.
Fixed some issues with
- Axis Clip 2
- Big Part - No Support
- Big Part
Both Versions need:
- Head Mount.stl
- Axis Clip 2.stl
No Support Version needs in addition:
- Big Part - No Support.stl
- Axis Clip 1 - No Support.stl
If prefer the full coverage of the bearing:
- Big Part.stl
- Axis Clip 1.stl
I need to print and test it. But the printer is busy and get direct drives first.
1.) Add a construction to mount the vent
2.) Live tests and try to print hot (ABS)
WORK IN PROGRESS... DONT USE IT YET.
IT MAY NOT WORK.
Print the Parts and assemble them with Screws.
Screws i used: 2.9x13 self-cutting tapping screws.
All the tiles are printed 3mm wall, No Support. Check the gallery for the orientation of the tiles.
I will update the instructions and add more pictures, when i tested it.