7th Grade Project about endangered species. Many of the models need to be printed with support.
Students will choose a threatened or endangered species and complete a report about their chosen animal. They will create a 3D model of their animal and share their project with the class.
- Allow students to choose a threatened or endangered species as the topic of their project. You can give them a list to choose from if you wish.
- Students will research their chosen animal and create a report about which will include
- One or more pictures
- Description of the animal
- Where the animal lives
- Why it is endangered
*Conservation efforts to protect the animal, if any
- Students will create a 3D model of their animal. Students can use Tinkercad or another similar application. Encourage students to try and make a realistic looking model, not something cartoony or minecrafty.
- Print models, you can use markers for details like eyes, stripes, etc.
- Students share their projects with their classmates.
None other than a 3D printer and some filament