Reinforced Prusa X Carriage with Slim LM8UU Holder
by jonaskuehling, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a reinforced Version of Simon's x carriage based on my slim LM8UU holders.
I basically changed the following:
- Beefed up the LM8UU clamps to 3mm wall thickness for better strength
- Added extra support braces for stiffer frame, also between the belt clamps to allow more belt tightness without twisting the clamps or the whole carriage
- Applied two fan mounts for multi-purpose fan or equipment installation (tiltable fan duct, LED ring light, etc.). Dimensions of mounting blocks are 10x10x15mm with hole for M3 screw right in the middle..
Slice, Print. 25% infill is just fine.
I'm using slic3r with 25% rectangular infill at 45 degrees, 3 perimeters, 3 solid layers, 0.25mm layer height and 0.35mm nozzle.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Reinforced Prusa X Carriage with Slim LM8UU Holder by jonaskuehling is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jonaskuehling a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jonaskuehling would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).