I've updated STL's with the right part orientation so it's ready for printing.
(If you've downloaded previous v3 - nothing to worry about, it's the same part only rotated.)
If you use external spool holder and want to swap NFC tags much easier - this might be right solution for you.
Also what's the point of keeping that bulky internal spool holder if it's not being used?!
I tried to make it as nonintrusive as possible so it fits 2020 alu extrusion width and sits right in the corner to give you more space inside your printer.
- Take apart your spool holder.
- Fit all NFC reader electronics into the new housing (I've added bottom photo of the housing so it's easier to understand how to position electronics)
- Slide in bottom piece to isolate electronics from the 2020 alu extrusion (I've simply put electrical tape, this part was never printed but should fit, in theory)
- Turn housing sideways to fit in that "hook" and twist to lock in place. When locked just slide it over corner-bracket.
- Connect cable and secure it with last part aka clamp. It holds reader housing in place and tucks down the cable.