I designed this Bowcaster prop for my chewbacca costume. Finding a good commercial prop was surprisingly difficult.
Please enjoy and let me know if you have questions.
All parts were printed using PLA.
Fans - off
Heater bed - 105 Deg
Door covering front opening
A few notes about the assembly
- I used .25" rod to connect some of the larger joints, easily identifiable by the holes placed on the joints.
- The flashlight was purchased as piece parts and custom built into the housing. I can add the details on the components if interested
- I used 2 part epoxy for all joints
- The assembly was then finished with XTC-3D High Performance 3D Print Coating. Careful using this, It heats up quick and need to use multiple coatings. but gives a good smooth (non-3d print) look.
- I then spray painted black and dry brushed with metal paint.