This is a redesign for 12.2mm pens of my 8mm pencil version. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1803253
I finally got a print (picture uploaded).
Tested already on 4 slicers and all is peachy: Simplify3D, Slic3r, ffslicer, skeinforge.
Suggested Print process:
- Print the "DNA_Helix_Pen_Holder_12mm_BothParts01.stl" STL file
After print, remove two parts from print bed.
a. bottom of helix is outer print
b. top of helix is inner print.
- Assemble with glue, or your favorite adhesive to make the bond permanent. (I used super glue).
- Insert Pens and display.
Want a Sharpy version? (I plan to print one and post soon):
- Follow the instructions above but scale the STL file(s) up to 110% (this will give you 13.4mm holes)
...Or you can just print this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1924310
I included the two parts separated to allow customizations.
- Bottom Part: DNA_Helix_Pen_Holder_12mm_Part_A_01.stl
- Top Part: DNA_Helix_Pen_Holder_12mm_Part_B_01.stl
This print is 157mm high. Let me know if there is a demand for a version with a lower print clearance.