Replacement X-Carriage for Robo 3D that supports EZStruder and E3D hot end.
Update: Fixed files to use the zip tie mounting method that doesn't require disassembling the entire printer and also increased the strength of the belt housing because mine broke after about 6 months.
This carriage is setup for Pico or E3D hot ends. The removal of the press fit and replacement with zip tie mounting dramatically simplifies assembly and removes alignment problems with the press fit. There are holes on the front side for mounting of a part cooling fan. I have only designed the cooling fan for a Pico hot end as that is what I'm using these days.
I designed this with my mediocre CAD skills in Fusion 3D.
- Use ABS.
- I printed with 15% infill. My gut says this is OK but it wouldn't hurt to bump it to 25%
- Support is required. I printed with the front facing down.
- I recommend an acetone vapor bath but this should be fine without.
- The end stop switch screw is an M3 screw
- The bearings are LM8UU.
- You lose about 15mm of X width with this carriage.
- Someone willing to run with this design might be able to recover my lost 15mm with more clever packaging.
- Extruder pulses/mm is 92.6
Robo 3D: http://www.robo3dprinter.com/