Laser cut living hinge phone stand
by Wyn_Griffith, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Hi this is my take on the laser cut living hinge phone stand. As you can see its gone through some iterations and design changes.
- An increase in size.
- Some more slots to make the hinges more flexible.
- Cut outs in the stand, and props cut from the waste to support the base shelf.
- reduction in the number of main prop location slots (not shown in the photos). I did this as they didn't make any noticeable difference to the stand angle).
- Reversal of the base shelf to cradle the phone.
I used laser grade 3mm birch plywood.
You might need to adjust the size of the square prop holes to accommodate actual material thickness.
There's a limit to how far the hinges will bend so be careful with assembly of the shelf supports and don't bend any further than necessary.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Laser cut living hinge phone stand by Wyn_Griffith is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Wyn_Griffith a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Wyn_Griffith would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).