This thing presents Scalar XL Premium 3D printer.
Scalar Family 3D printers are "scalable" printers.
This version is a fully upgraded version of the original Scalar XL model ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:891409 )
Reviewing the idea of a reprap printer, a printer that can auto replicate and scale, we wanted to propose a 3D printer with plastic parts for you to print, and with a way to "scale" easily.
Assembly instructions can be found on our website documentation page:
- 2018.03.22 - update Sliders , wompatible with TR8x1.5 and TR10x2 nuts
- 2018.03.05 - Update BasicHolderFor2020V3 and 2020_X_Idler_TensionerV5 (stronger)
- 2017.12.20 - Added X axis end stop with screws (M2.5X8mm) => 2020_X_EndStop_Holder_screw.stl
- 2017.08.16 - Re-inforced X axis Idler tensioner
- 2017.08.03 - Updated list of list to upgrades
- 2017.06.30 : Fix X Carriage
- 2016.12.01 : Original release
This thing is a remix from our original version:
Many of you liked it.
The main idea remains, but we adjusted the overall size to something more standard, and we reviewed/remodelled all the plastic parts to:
- Have a better design
- Have stronger parts.
- Reduce noise
- Increase Z axis Accuracy
- Increase X axis smooth motion
- Upgrade heat bed motion system
- Designed a box for the electronics
- remove Belt tensioner
- Stronger Spool Holder
Hot end holders
Upgrades from Scalar Owners
The procedure to install the firmware on Scalar 3D printer is available on our documentation page:
You will also find the newest firmware available to download directly on the page.
Special thanks to Marlin Community for providing this great firmware and evolutions.
Where to buy
Mainly all technical information can be found on our website:
But here is a summary of the main characteristics :
Scalar XL Premium
- XL build platform: 400x300mm heat-bed
- 220V 700w silicon heat-bed with a 3mm aluminium print surface
- Compatible with well known hot ends (E3D, Hexagone, ...), 3mm and 1.75mm
- Built-in blower fan
- Built-in LCD and SD card support
- Built-in spool holder
- 200W 12V industrial power supply
- Inductive probe for bed levelling
- Plastic parts available for different hot ends: E3D, AluHotEnd and Prometheus V1.1.
- Modular Design
Because you guys have different ways of life, events happening and so on, we wanted to make sure that those printers can be scaled by only adding the necessary parts to upgrade/downgrade your printers.
This way whenever you want the printer to be bigger then we have a kit for that:
We already made several Upgrade kits for our previous Scalar XL model and we plan to keep the "Scalable" / Evolutivity concept for this model! So be prepare, there is plenty of cool stuff to come.
Available on our documentation page http://doc.3dmodularsystems.com/scalar-lxl-premium-assembly-manual/
3D Modular Systems
Evolutive 3D Printers
You enjoy it and want to help us with a donation: https://www.paypal.me/3DMS