by Dakanzla, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This retro-styled mini-bob is a simple design but it offers a lot of fun! Unfortunately I couldn't make a video up to now but here are two videos of the original bob:
Choose your team, print and assemble your mini-bob, build your own bobsled run and take the challenge: http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/bobsleigh-challenge
You also find a litte construction manual in the main-picture of the mini-bob. Beside the printed parts you need the following materials: glue, 8 screws (20 mm long; 3 x 16) and some weights (sinkers for fishing work great, or something else that's heavy).
For the assembling take the following steps and compare the pictures:
- Combine the seal and the top-part. (use glue)
- Fill up the bottom-parts empty segments with something heavy like lead (for example sinkers for fishing).
- Combine the bottom- and the top-part
- Attach the eight screws (3 x 16) to the bob
- Attach your flag to the flag-base (use glue)
- Attach the flag to the bob (use glue)
- Attach the visors to the pilots heads
- Attach the pilots to the bob (use glue)
- Attach the cockpit to the bob (use glue)
- Use sand-paper to make the surface of the bottom-part smooth. After the sandpaper you can use an old jeans: rob it over the cloth until the bottom surface gets shiny. That minimises the friction and your mini-bob gets faster.
Check out NC Hippy's funny assembling video: https://youtu.be/31XsKs21dOs
There is also a top-part available in the files with no flag. If you want to choose a flag, print the normal top-part and the flag-base as well. Then choose one of the following team flags:
- America: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939523
- Canada: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939525
- China: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2058847
- Fortress: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2461004
- France: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2132136
- Germany: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939529
- Israel: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2054613
- Jamaica: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939532
- Jedi: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2043929
- Lettland: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939533
- Norway: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2040809
- Palestina: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2043918
- Russia: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939540
- Sweden: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939543
- Switzerland: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939521
- The dark side: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1949025
If a specific flag is missing and you want me to create one, or if you designed a new one and want me to link it in the description, just write a comment or a message.
TIP: Using an empty bottle makes the building of the bobsled run verry easy :-)
Help creating new designs for the pilots (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1945717) or the bob and let me know if you want me to add them here.
Have fun and remember....don't eat yellow snow
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
RETRO mini-bob by Dakanzla is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Dakanzla a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Dakanzla would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).