by Dakanzla, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This retro-styled mini-bob is a simple design but it offers a lot of fun! Unfortunately I couldn't make a video up to now but here are two videos of the original bob:
Choose your team, print and assemble your mini-bob, build your own bobsled run and share it with others: http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/bobsleigh-challenge
You also find a litte construction manual in the main-picture of the mini-bob. Beside the printed parts you need the following materials: glue, 8 screws (20 mm long; 3 x 16) and some weights (sinkers for fishing work great, or something else that's heavy).
For the assembling take the following steps and compare the pictures:
- Combine the seal and the top-part. (use glue)
- Fill up the bottom-parts empty segments with something heavy like lead (for example sinkers for fishing).
- Combine the bottom- and the top-part
- Attach the eight screws (3 x 16) to the bob
- Attach your flag to the flag-base (use glue)
- Attach the flag to the bob (use glue)
- Attach the visors to the pilots heads
- Attach the pilots to the bob (use glue)
- Attach the cockpit to the bob (use glue)
- Use sand-paper to make the surface of the bottom-part smooth. After the sandpaper you can use an old jeans: rob it over the cloth until the bottom surface gets shiny. That minimises the friction and your mini-bob gets faster.
Check out NC Hippy's funny assembling video: https://youtu.be/31XsKs21dOs
There is also a top-part available in the files with no flag. If you want to choose a flag, print the normal top-part and the flag-base as well. Then choose one of the following team flags:
- America: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939523
- Canada: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939525
- China: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2058847
- France: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2132136
- Germany: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939529
- Israel: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2054613
- Jamaica: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939532
- Jedi: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2043929
- Lettland: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939533
- Norway: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2040809
- Palestina: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2043918
- Russia: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939540
- Sweden: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939543
- Switzerland: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1939521
- The dark side: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1949025
If a specific flag is missing and you want me to create one, or if you designed a new one and want me to link it in the description, just write a comment or a message.
TIP: Using an empty bottle makes the building of the bobsled run verry easy :-)
Help creating new designs for the pilots (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1945717) or the bob and let me know if you want me to add them here.
Have fun and remember....don't eat yellow snow
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
RETRO mini-bob by Dakanzla is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Dakanzla a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Dakanzla would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).