This will work for both V2 designs (with & w/o string tension). Included is a fan mount to be compatible with aluminum extruder upgrade.
In response to multiple requests I have developed this GT2 timing belt conversion for the Y axis of the Printrbot Simple. This thing is similar to my original http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:180146
- Use GT2 belt & pulley instead of the MXL
- Use 608 Bearings instead of R2
- Requires some modification of the wood Y axis part for the pulley to pass thru. Only needs modification for assembly purposes. After assembly the pulley should clear the stock slot during operation.
- GT2 tooth form
- Common 608 Bearings
- Requires some modification of the stock wood parts
- Small motor shaft engagement distance. Limit belt tension, otherwise risk pulley not running concentric to shaft and damaging pulley.
For anybody having trouble printing these parts I have uploaded a 2014 version to Shapeways if you would like to order them online. http://shpws.me/rbxt
This is marked as a work in progress. If you have a success (or failure) please let me know. Feedback is greatly appreciated.
- Shortened motor plate by 2mm
- Added notch for wrench access to pulley
- Reduced length of pilot for bearings on motor plate, added pilot for bearings to tie bar. This should allow the bearings to be installed/removed with the pulley in place.
Updated the Belt End Block Rear to accommodate bot the V2 versions. One mounting hole for the version without the Printrbot string tension device and one mounting hole for the current version that includes the string tension device.
2014-01-06: Updated BeltEndBlockGT2Rear for better alignment on Simple model w/String Tension.
2014-01-29: Added BeltEndBlockGT2Front-Fan for those using the early 2014 version Simple with the fan mounted on the side. This will replace the previous BeltEndBlockGT2Front. If your machine has the fan mount included in the Y plate, see next update:
- 2014-02-25: Added BeltEndBlockGT2Front-2014 for the post-Jan. 15, 2014 machines that have the fan mounting included in the Y plate.