This is an all-in-one torture test. It is designed to test various aspects of your 3D printer, and has been in use at Quant 3D for a few years.
Most of the features are quite small, so you'll need to use your finest resolution.
Performance Areas Tested:
- Aspect Ratio
- Wall Thickness
- Controlled Cuts (Horizontal and Vertical)
- Metric Threads (male & female) (M4, M6, M8, M10)
- Twists and Tapers
- Spiral "S" - curvilinear interpolation
- Wrapped Cylinder - circular interpolation and holes in thin walled vertical surface
- Ball in Cage - Spherical objects (especially at the support/model interface)
- Oblique Angles - bent columns should have constant thickness
- Tight Spaces (Onion)
- Text on flat surfaces
- Thin Overhangs
- Subresolution grid
- Overhangs - 5° to 85°.
- Quant 3D logo - support material interfacing, texture quality, text curve quality
- Freeform Triangle Pocket
- Spiral on underside - spiral interpolation, thin walls and support
Since this is a test piece, feel free to play with your printer's settings and adjust accordingly. Most of the features will not print correctly unless your layer height is at most 0.200mm.
Reducing the scale is not recommended.
Also - the STL orientation is goofy. It is designed to print laying flat, as shown in the pictures.