This is a charge port release lever for the Nissan LEAF electric car model years 2011-2012. The original lever is very fragile and you could easily hit it with your shoe and break it. It also breaks easily when used in below freezing weather. A new one costs (in Finland) 120€ and comes with the complete assy including the cables and metal parts and the hood release lever as well. Far from ecologic.
THIS IS FOR A LEFT-HAND DRIVE CAR, for RHD remember to mirror along the width of the part before printing to ensure it'll fit in your car! Thanks @JohnVidler
I printed one in PLA in February 2016. Now, in August 2017 it's still working perfectly and is way less fragile and less sensitive to cold compared to the original one.
- Cut the small support from where the cable goes in the printed part.
- Remove the lever assy from car (disconnect cables from levers)
- With pliers squeeze the end of the metal rod that locks the levers in place, pull it out.
- Replace the charge port lever with the printed one and put the rod back.
- Make sure the lever springs are correctly installed.
- With pliers, or a screwdriver and mallet widen the end of the metal rod so it stays in place again.
- Reinstall to car.