This thing presents Scalar S 3D printer.
Scalar Family 3D printers are "scalable" printers.
This version is a basic version of the original Scalar XL model ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:891409 ), using 2020 extrusion profile with a 20x20x20cm build volume.
Reviewing the idea of a reprap printer, a printer that can auto replicate and scale, we wanted to propose a 3D printer with plastic parts for you to print, and with a way to "scale" easily.
- Simple design based on standard 2020 extrusion profiles
- All axis are rolling over VSlot extrusion profiles. All Smooth rods have been removed removed
- More secure with our new SSR cover system modified for 2020 ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1912871)
- Evolutive Design : More upgrades are to come!
- Lightweight and strong frame
- Smooth and Silent: using VSlots and V Wheels for X and Y axis
Assembly instructions can be found on our website documentation page (in french for now, but can easily be understood by english speeking folk:
- 2018.03.05 - Update BasicHolderFor2020V3 and 2020_X_Idler_TensionerV5 (stronger)
- 2017.12.20 - Add X axis end stop for M2.5x8mm screws (2020_X_EndStop_Holder_screw.stl)
- 2017.08.16 - Re-inforced X axis Idler tensioner
- 2017.01.31: Update all parts that were improved.
- 2016.12.28: removed wrong models and added missing ones
- 2016.12.16 : Original release
This thing is a remix from our original version:
Many of you liked it.
The main idea remains, but we adjusted the overall size to something more standard, and we reviewed/remodelled all the plastic parts to:
- Have a lighter design
- Less parts
- Reduce noise
- Increase Z axis Accuracy
- Increase X axis smooth motion
- Upgrade heat bed motion system
- Designed a box for the electronics
- remove Belt tensioner
- Add spool holder based on extrusion profiles
- Using a 120W PSU
- Using a 250W 220V heatbed that doesn't require big power supplies.
Hot end holders
Upgrades from Scalar Owners
The procedure to install the firmware on Scalar 3D printer is available on our documentation page:
You will also find the newest firmware available to download directly on the page.
Special thanks to Marlin Community for providing this great firmware and evolutions.
Where to buy
Mainly all technical information can be found on our website:
But here is a summary of the main characteristics :
Scalar S Premium
- Standard build platform: 200x200mm heat-bed
- 220V 250w silicon heat-bed with a 3mm aluminium print surface
- Compatible with well known hot ends (E3D, E3D Lite6, Hexagone, ...), 3mm and 1.75mm
- Built-in blower fan
- Built-in LCD and SD card support
- Built-in spool holder
- 120W 12V stand alone power supply block
- Inductive probe for bed levelling
- Plastic parts available for different hot ends: E3D, E3D lite6, AluHotEnd and Prometheus V1.1.
- Modular Design
Because you guys have different ways of life, events happening and so on, we wanted to make sure that those printers can be scaled by only adding the necessary parts to upgrade/downgrade your printers.
This way whenever you want the printer to be bigger then we have a kit for that.
The Scalar S has just been released so future upgrades are to come.
Available on our documentation page http://doc.3dmodularsystems.com/assembly-instructions-for-scalar-3d-printer/notice-de-montage-de-scalar-s/
3D Modular Systems
Evolutive 3D Printers
You enjoy it and want to help us with a donation: https://www.paypal.me/3DMS