Scalar S - 3D Printer (20x20x20cm)
by 3DModularSystems, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This thing presents Scalar S 3D printer.
Scalar Family 3D printers are "scalable" printers.
This version is a basic version of the original Scalar XL model ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:891409 ), using 2020 extrusion profile with a 20x20x20cm build volume.
Reviewing the idea of a reprap printer, a printer that can auto replicate and scale, we wanted to propose a 3D printer with plastic parts for you to print, and with a way to "scale" easily.
- Simple design based on standard 2020 extrusion profiles
- All axis are rolling over VSlot extrusion profiles. All Smooth rods have been removed removed
- More secure with our new SSR cover system modified for 2020 ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1912871)
- Evolutive Design : More upgrades are to come!
- Lightweight and strong frame
- Smooth and Silent: using VSlots and V Wheels for X and Y axis
Assembly instructions can be found on our website documentation page (in french for now, but can easily be understood by english speeking folk:
- 2017.12.20 - Add X axis end stop for M2.5x8mm screws (2020_X_EndStop_Holder_screw.stl)
- 2017.08.16 - Re-inforced X axis Idler tensioner
- 2017.01.31: Update all parts that were improved.
- 2016.12.28: removed wrong models and added missing ones
- 2016.12.16 : Original release
This thing is a remix from our original version:
Many of you liked it.
The main idea remains, but we adjusted the overall size to something more standard, and we reviewed/remodelled all the plastic parts to:
- Have a lighter design
- Less parts
- Reduce noise
- Increase Z axis Accuracy
- Increase X axis smooth motion
- Upgrade heat bed motion system
- Designed a box for the electronics
- remove Belt tensioner
- Add spool holder based on extrusion profiles
- Using a 120W PSU
- Using a 250W 220V heatbed that doesn't require big power supplies.
Hot end holders:
- AllInOne Hot end holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:967021
- AluHotEnd V6/V7 holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:962920
- Prometheus V1.1 hot end holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:962664
- E3D V6 / E3D lite6 Hot end holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:962622
Upgrades from Scalar Owners:
- (Thanks to http://www.thingiverse.com/perryscope63) for his Donut shape fanshroud : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1499102
- Electronic (Arduino+Ramps+LCD2004) box: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:945299
The procedure to install the firmware on Scalar 3D printer is available on our documentation page:
You will also find the newest firmware available to download directly on the page.
Special thanks to Marlin Community for providing this great firmware and evolutions.
- Calibration set: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:909829
Where to buy:
Mainly all technical information can be found on our website:
But here is a summary of the main characteristics :
Scalar S Premium :
- Standard build platform: 200x200mm heat-bed
- 220V 250w silicon heat-bed with a 3mm aluminium print surface
- Compatible with well known hot ends (E3D, E3D Lite6, Hexagone, ...), 3mm and 1.75mm
- Built-in blower fan
- Built-in LCD and SD card support
- Built-in spool holder
- 120W 12V stand alone power supply block
- Inductive probe for bed levelling
- Plastic parts available for different hot ends: E3D, E3D lite6, AluHotEnd and Prometheus V1.1.
- Modular Design
Because you guys have different ways of life, events happening and so on, we wanted to make sure that those printers can be scaled by only adding the necessary parts to upgrade/downgrade your printers.
This way whenever you want the printer to be bigger then we have a kit for that.
The Scalar S has just been released so future upgrades are to come.
Available on our documentation page http://doc.3dmodularsystems.com/assembly-instructions-for-scalar-3d-printer/notice-de-montage-de-scalar-s/
3D Modular Systems
Evolutive 3D Printers
You enjoy it and want to help us with a donation: https://www.paypal.me/3DMS
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Scalar S - 3D Printer (20x20x20cm) by 3DModularSystems is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving 3DModularSystems a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure 3DModularSystems would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).