Hey guys, I've measured my Playstation 2, tried to create a 1:1 model of the outer contours and uploaded the unfinished model. I'm currently changing primarly the inside of the case, so you can mount a Raspberry Pi in the case, to play retro games. As soon as the Playstation 2 housing for the Raspberry Pi is finished, I will also create a controller.
If possible, a HDD or SSD and a CD/DVD drive will be integrated.
There will be small changes in the connections, since the digital HDMI-Signal is better than the original AV-Signal. Furthermore, I replaced the optical output through a 3.5 mm jack.
The memory cards are supposed to have internal SD cards, so you can use them like a USB stick.
Unfortunately, the project takes a little longer than initially thought, because I don't always have so much time.
The Playstation case now consists of several parts, which I have separatly uploaded as .stl files. Furthermore I have made a prototype of the memory card.
A few parts have been changed. Smaller parts like pads have been added.
Startet part list. Memory Card 99% completed, but not tested.
Finished the controlller plug for USB Cable. Added Cover for AC IN, VIDEO OUT, AUDIO OUT and NETWORK (not uploaded)
- Construct mounting holes for the Raspberry Pi + Fan (50% finished)
- Print and test Memory Card
- Print and test Controller Plug
- Added AC/DC Step-Down Converter (yellow part on the left side) and a new rendered cover image
- Split the case so that it can be printed with smaller 3D printers
- Air duct designed for the 40 mm fan that cools the processor (will soon be printed with petg)
- Added mounting holes for air duct at the cover
Next Update /19:
- Further detailing of the case parts
- Construct screw connections and connectors for case parts
- Print and test more parts
v0.9: these are ready-made models that have already been printed, but have not yet been tested in their entirety
Black/Silver or any other color
More detailed information as soon as the model is completed.
- Xx Screws for ...
- 2x SD card socket e.g. Ebay search
- 2x SD card (normal size)
- 4x USB, 1x HDMI, 1x RJ45, 1x 3.5 mm audio jack -extension
- 1x AC connector + 1x US/EU Cable e.g. Ebay search
- 1x small AC-DC converter (110V/230V to 5V 3-5A)
- 1x 5V 40 mm blower fan e.g. Ebay search
- Model has not been printed yet, because the interior is not finished!
- Planned completion in Summer 2019
- Controller in PS2-Design in Winter 2019