Unlockable loose Filament Spool
by TheGoofy, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Who doesn't know this problem: Tons of loose filament samples. Without spool, they are tangled up, and you certainly don't (want to) have a spool for each sample. For changing a sample it's needed to un-wind and re-wind the filament ... :-(
With this 3d-printable spool, it's possible to unlock the spool and simply remove the sample.
The spool is fully 3d-printable, and it's simple to assemble (without need of additional screws) - it just snaps together. Even its diameter is adjustable.
Snap-Fit design re-used from:
Hints for handling loose Filament:
- Always rotate the spool when winding or unwinding the filament (no twist)
- Fix some tape as a label at the END of the filament, note relevant print-settings
- Keep start of filament away from spool, avoid tangling or over-crossing filament
- Use filament cleaning sponge for printing, loose filament quickly collects dust
Printed with PETG
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Unlockable loose Filament Spool by TheGoofy is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving TheGoofy a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure TheGoofy would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).