This model is adapted from a model constructed from original blueprints in the University archives. I spent something like 100 hours over a two year period to convert the model from something used by an architectural firm for construction planning to something that can be reliably 3D printed. The model here is as close as I could come to the current state of the building (as of 2014).
I had never done much with 3D CAD before tackling this project. I learned a lot about Sketchup while doing it (biggest lesson - don't use sketchup for very complex models...).
Hundreds of 3D printed copies of various versions of this model have been made and given to students, staff, faculty, alumni, and donors over the years.
It has been printed on many different printers, including Makerbot 2, Ultimaker 2, 3D Systems Viper SLA, and EOS Formiga P100.