This is an addition to richgain's simple but effective Fan Mount. It allows you to use a second fan on the x-motor side.
I found having only a fan blowing from one side of the bed not enough certain prints and wanted a second on blowing from the opposite direction. By attaching the fan to the x-motor it moves with the z-axis and will always point towards the newest layer.
The design was made in Tinkercad and is available at https://tinkercad.com/things/1dSwoYOgJ0h
- print this bracket
- print richgain's fan mount (Thing 15899)
- unscrew the top and bottom 16mm M3 screw holding the x-motor
- attach the bracket using two 25mm M3 screws
- attach a 40x40mm fan to the fan mount using M3 nuts and screws, use some washers if the fan blades touch the mount
- attach the fan mount to the bracket using a M3 screw and nut
- wire the fan