External case for the lcd module with buttons of the Anet A8.
Print the files at the layer height you want, at 0.28 infill 5% it needs nearly 4 hours for the front and nearly 1 hour for the supports.
- Added a NO TEXT alternative for the front piece
- Added an alternative pair of supports without screw holes for the base but with flat rails 49.5x20mm that you can use to stick the support to a rigid surface with double-sided tape.
- Added a rear panel with 3mm screws supports for the ones which plan to mount in on top of some printer enclosure.
- Added holes for fixing it in the 45° supports.
- Added holes for screws in the supports. They can be hided inside the enclosure or you can left them on the outside for better maintenance.
- enlarged holes for nuts (+0.4mm) in the supports.
- enlarged holes for push button (+0.4mm) as someone had some trouble inserting the plastic buttons in the holes (it may vary slightly depending on the precision of the chinese who soldered the buttons in place).
- made the front plate thinner (2mm instead of 3mm) to reduce print time and material waste.
- centered the Anet A8 text for making the first layer more sticky on the corner in witch was the text before.
Please report any issues in the comment section and I will try to solve it applying updates to the files. Thank you.
IF YOU LIKE MY DESIGN, FEEL FREE TO CLICK THE "LEAVE A TIP" BUTTON ON MY PROFILE TO ENCOURAGE ME TO CONTINUE DESIGN ANET A8 THINGS.
Print without supports. You can print with even lower infill rate if you want, like 2-3%.
Brim should not be required
I used Tinkercad for all the parts