For the ocarina, the file ocarina_side_split will give you the instrument as pictured in the book. Be sure to clean the hollows out of the main body and mouth piece well. Then glue the two halves together so that they are sealed.
There is also a file for the ocarina with the split through the center (ocarina_split_face) if you prefer that look.
If you have a printer that can print well without support, feel free to contact me for the file of the ocarina without splits.
There are many resources online where you can learn how to play an ocarina, such as: http://www.ocarina.co.uk/how-to-play-ocarinas/
For the rubber band guitar (files rubberbandguitar and pegs_to_print):
- Grow the pegs separate from the main body. Clean the support material off all parts.
- Get 4 rubber bands and cut them so they are no longer a loop.
- Tie a knot at one end of each rubber band and slip the knotted end into the keyhole on the taller edge of the main piece.
- Slip the other end of each rubber band into the holes on the shorter platform.
- Place the pegs in the holes. The round edge should face inward.
- Rotate the pegs down so that they are flat with the platform and lock the rubber bands into place
- To tune the guitar, lift each peg one at a time and pull the rubberband to get it tighter and then push the peg back down to set.
For the Shaker Instrument (shaker_pyramid), grow the piece as a hollow shell and pause the machine to fill it with rice or something similar before the top is reached. For the stripes shown in the book, each color is 30% and the black stripes are 5 % each.
There is also a fun egg shape that you can make using the shaker_egg file. It will wobble slightly when put on a surface and nudged.
For the pattern, our total layer count was 414
- Load purple, Pause at 124
- Load black, Pause at 145
- Load Blue, Pause at 269
- Load black, Pause at 291
FILL WITH RICE
- Load Orange
End at 414