Anet A8 Filament Spool Roller Arm
by ulightme, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I really like:
- low profile of a spool roller vs tall holder
- ability to quickly switch out spools no center rods no nuts to unscrew
I couldn't find a roller for my Anet A8 like the one for the Prusa I3 Mk2 by MartinMajewski http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1832235
So I modified his arm to fit the Anet A8 frame and designed it in a way to hold multiple spools with just two printed arms.
Things you need to complete the setup:
1) 2 x rods, I used carbon fiber rods 7.8mm diameter ~27cm+ length
2) 4 x Martin's rollers that you'll need to print from thing 1832235
3) 4 x 608 (skater) bearings like these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MM1FFUK
Edit: I've just added a Filament Guide / Filter to work perfectly with this Holder. Check it out http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2256538
You may need to drill out the holes a bit to fit the rod.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Anet A8 Filament Spool Roller Arm by ulightme is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ulightme a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ulightme would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).