Here is a easy and fast to print model of an Bedini SG motor.
You have to get some additional parts for a successful assembly of this kit.
- 2 x Ball bearing 15 x 10 x 4 mm (typical outer wheel bearing of front axle of an Axial RC model). You should get these bearings at your local RC Store.
- 22 x Screw 3 x 12 mm (special thread for plastic). Also used on Axial RC cars, so you should find these screws also in your local RC store.
- 24 neodynum magnets 8mm in diameter, 5mm in hight (you only need 8 if you use the 8 magnet rotor).
- some welding rods for the iron core of the coil
- 250m of 0.2mm magnet wire and 250m of 0.3mm magnet wire
- the components to built the elctronic circuit (can be found on Internet)
these parts have to print more than once:
2 x rotor_stand.stl
2 x connector.stl
4 x rubber_feet.stl
glue together the upper and lower part of the coil. Complete your coil by adding the iron core and the coil wires. Screw your finished coil to the part mounting_plate.stl.
Place the part center_rod.stl in the midlle hole of part rotor_xx_magnets.stl then screw on the hubs. Also add the magnets (maybe you have to grind the holes with a Dremel to fit the magnets properly)
After that you have to press the ball bearings into the parts rotor-stand.stl. Screw one rotor_stand.stl to the mounting plate (bearing faces towards the rotor). Add the rotor. Screw on the parts connector.st (connects the 2 rotor stands) and the second rotor stand.
The parts rubber_feet.stl will be glued to the lower side of the mounting plate.
Add your bedini circuit and start the motor!!
Have fun with this kit!!!