Since I met 3D technology in 2010 dreamed of my own 3D printer, and my first project was ... hydraulic turbines. I have a good reason: a farm with 16000m2 with a small flow of water, my goal is an open source micro-hydro installation. My first step was to build the turbine. When I finally made my first 3D printer in 2013/07/20 did some searching in Thingiverse and tried several turbines. I was not satisfied with the results. So I decided to design my own turbine.
Took Pelton design, with some changes to make it easier to print. It is made in two parts that fit. The center has a hole for an 8mm threaded rod secured with nuts and washers. It has 4 screws holding the two parts well and make it more robust. It has 18cm diameter and was designed with Sketchup:Make.
I'll publish the progress in my website www.permaculturaaralar.com
Print both parts and join together with 4 screws and nuts.
Introduce the axis and fit it with nuts and washers.
I work usually with PLA, So I printed in this material. This piece is exposed to water and moisture. I'm testing durability with PLA, perhaps you prefer print in ABS to improve that issue.