Anet A8 Electronics Case (mainboard, octopi, step-down converter, relay and fan.)
by zadthebad, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a remix/overhaul of a previous case for the Anet A8. i have cleaned up the cases mounting and other areas. changed the cable opening and moved a bit of the mounting locations. i have added a step-down converter mount and mounting location under the raspberry pis mounting location. the arrow on this mount goes with the arrow on the converter. I have also added fan mounting and covers. one set will work with the fans included mounting screws with 2 attaching the fan to the case and 2 attaching the cover to the fan. the other set needed a M3x25mm screws to go from the cover to the case cover with the fan wedged between.
EDIT: V8 i have added a hole on the bottom right of the case (when its standing up) for the left z axis motors wires.
- To control the printer. Raspberry PI 3 Model B
- To allow the raspberry pi to power the printer on and off Channel DC 5V Relay Switch Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi ARM AVR
- This is for the Pi to control the printer. there isnt much room for a long cable, or you can cut the included cable down to size and splice together. 6 Inch Micro USB Cable
- To drop power from 12V PSU to 5v for Raspberry Pi SMAKN® 5pcs Mini MP1584EN Step-down Power DC-DC 3A Ultra Adjustable LM2596
- The full cover is sized for a slim 80mm fan. As i wanted as low of a profile as i could. Cooler Master Sleeve Bearing 80mm Slim Silent Fan
- x20 M3x6mm Self Tapping Screws. M3 Black Alloy Steel Allen Hex Socket Cap Head Self Tapping Screws
- x4 M3x16mm Self Tapping Screws. (can be longer)
- x4 M3x25mm Self Tapping Screws For Fan. (8 of these screws if you dont want to order 4x16mm and 4x25mm) (10) M3x25mm Hex Socket Tapping Button Head Black
- m3 tapping hex
- Cable Sleeving
- eBay for anything else
Other Anet A8 Items:
- Y Chain http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2043493
- Power Supply Cover http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2029520
- Mosfet Case http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2054199
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Anet A8 Electronics Case (mainboard, octopi, step-down converter, relay and fan.) by zadthebad is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving zadthebad a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure zadthebad would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).