Easy Photo Rig
Easy Photo Rig provides an easy way to take great videos of yourself or others without the need for a tripod or any special equipment. Just your phone and a measuring stick (such as a yard-stick, meter-stick, or drywall square.)
- Measure your phone and measuring stick in mm.
- Customize using Customizer.
- Print 2 of them.
- Put them on the phone, and slide it onto the measuring stick.
- Put your measuring stick between two of something, like two ladders or two bookshelves.
- Take lots of great videos with it.
The design is customizeable OpenSCAD so you can adjust the parameters to fit your needs. (The default measurements will fit a Nexus 5x with a case on it, and a 2x48 inch drywall square.)
I needed a way to mount my phone to shoot YouTube videos. I bought a tiny phone tripod, but all it did was fall over under the weight of the phone, not to mention the camera is on the far end of it, making it a pain to keep it level.
If you'd like to see some footage shot with the Easy Photo Rig, head on over to my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/c/steveweber314